Strapline

Copy - Content - Marketing Communications Planning

Tuesday 11 December 2012

Go on make that call


As the grotty weather stays around for longer than usual, we all find ourselves having just a little more time on our hands as our routine changes.
Today I was contacted from someone who was working from home and had a few extra minutes and was going over his contact list.
My best indifferent look

It was great to hear his voice and recall the work that we did together many years ago. It was even better when his circumstances had changed and now his influence and experience could be very relevant to what I do now, and it was fantastic to feel that he had made time for me and hadn't forgotten me. That was the best bit.
So, call someone you haven’t called for 12 months. Do it ASAP.
I’m going to make a habit of calling past business contacts on a regular basis.
Years ago someone taught me the best way to end a relationship was through indifference, not anger but just indifference.
I’m going to make sure that calls I haven’t made are not perceived as indifference.

No comments:

Post a Comment